This service will install and configure ProFTPD and manage virtual users.
use FTP only if really required (for example for webcam access). Most use cases are just fine with SSH/SCP
- adds a FTP User
- password: crypt password as used in /etc/passwd
- uid: Linux system user id of desired user. Lookup on server before adding.
- gid: Linux system group id of desired group. Lookup on server before adding.
- home: access is restricted to this directory
ftp::users: "alice": "password": "$6$1sLLOf5.$GAZDHYXEjs0MpR5uHBAR5eD00MpUasTgbyIP27PZ8WprL98XeU01N502ogYn1JKrgqEiTXn1/lkFBNZ46zZHY/" "uid": "1005" "gid": "1005" "home": "/home/examplenet/www/webcam/"
Hint: The password has to be encrypted. Use the following command to
encrypt your desired password:
mkpasswd -m sha-512
Hint: Use the “id” command to determine the appropriate uid/gid
Note: Access is enabled by both FTP and FTPS. Use the server FQDN to connect by FTPS as we use the *.snowflakehosting.ch wildcard certificate by default
- add custom per directory options
- see ProFTPD Documentation for Details: http://www.proftpd.org/docs/
ftp::directories: "/home/examplenet/tmp/": "limit": "WRITE": "DenyAll": "AllowUser": "alice"
will led to this ProFTPD configuration:
<Directory /home/examplenet/tmp/> <Limit WRITE> DenyAll undef AllowUser alice </Limit> </Directory>